Early Life with Emmett (or: I have 2 kids now)

Everyone I know says having 2 kids is more than double the work, and while there are a number of challenges, I haven't found that to be true. Yet. (I'm still on leave) Emmett is a very sweet, even keeled little baby. He cries when he needs something and otherwise wants to eat and snuggle. I think the hardest part for me has been managing Graham. Graham LOVES Emmett to pieces. And I worry that his intense love will literally smother Emmett. I decided to keep Graham home from school 2 days a week and although I planned craft projects for him each of those days, we've had our moments. He refused to do our craft project. And he gets a bit jealous when I have to feed Emmett. I will admit that I have relied heavily on the TV and iPad to occupy Graham, which is a bit of a double edged sword. It's great while he's occupied but it's like crack: the more he gets the more he wants. So when it's time to turn off the screen, he flips out. 

But back to Emmett. I love the baby snuggles. But sometimes it's hard always holding a baby. Luckily, as I mentioned, he's easy going, so I can put him down. And the older he gets, the more ok he is being set down. He's a good sleeper; he's up a couple times a night to nurse but usually goes right back to sleep (or at least only mildly fusses). He's kind of a noisy baby for not being a crier; he makes lots of squeaks and grunts that are just too cute. I'm just loving this easy-going, adorable little baby!









Comments

Popular Posts